Saint Paul | Davenport, IA
The scope of the project called for designing a new 750-900 seat Worship and Gathering addition onto a 1950’s Georgian style facility. A key focus for the addition project was providing presence and hospitality into the surrounding community. This is achieved through three design elements: a light-filled tower, an entry portico filled with doors and windows connecting the Gathering and Worship, and a glass-walled ambulatory on the south wall of the Worship.
The liturgical design fans the assembly seating 120 degrees. The chancel design houses a new altar, ambo and font. Adjacent to the chancel, a 1,000 sq. ft. platform suitable for choir and organ performance seats up to 120 musicians.
An important feature of the new worship design was finding a suitable method of relocating the existing art-glass windows. An ambulatory on the southern side of the worship will house all ten windows depicting the Chronological life and ministry of the Christ. These will be visible to the worship, the main parking areas and to one of the main traffic routes through Davenport.