The desire to improve the quality of its educational facilities prompted the St. Francis of Assisi Parish to combine its 3 schools into a new 21st century facility.
Cedarburg School District
Long-Range Master Plan, Referendum, Revisioning Schools | Cedarburg, WI
MULTIPLE SCHOOLS K-12: In partnership with the District, GROTH Design Group created a Long-Range Master Plan, passed a $59.8 million referendum, and recently completed extensive additions and renovations across all schools that allow for future growth and reflect the District’s branding initiative.
Each of CSD’s elementary schools are over the recommended capacity and utilization rates. The result of 38 individual department meetings, 21 engineering and core team meetings, six Tech. Ed. Advisory Team collaboration meetings and numerous design sessions, improvements will include:
- Campus transformation into a hub for community and school
- Addition with kitchen/cafeteria, commons, learning stair, extensive STEAM areas
- Departmental re-organizations
- Site and traffic flow improvements
- Improved safety and secure entry/main office
- Collaboration spaces and classroom reconfiguration to allow for better programming and future expansion
- Creation of new athletic and music spaces
- New gym addition and kindergarten with safety protocols for community use
- Improved functionality of library and class room groupings with new collaboration opportunities
St. Jerome Parish School houses a K-8, two-track school with approximately 500 students arrayed to maximize solar gain during late autumn, winter, and early spring.
Beyond its academic mission, this glassy, four-story facility will be welcoming and community-facing as the university begins to transform its Clybourn St. corridor.